Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I LOVE New York

I rarely do anything with consistency, and blogging is no exception. It's only going to get harder from here, now that Miss New York's new show is on Vh1. As most of my friends/roommates/associates have learned, I am completely obsessed with this reality-diva, especially as she seems to embody incompetence as a lifestyle choice. Though I doubt very much that my more cultured friends will understand the appeal, watching anything featuring New York is surreal experience that I highly recommend. In fact, it reminds me of the time I came home and sat with my old roommates, only to discover slowly over time that I was the only person in the suite who wasn't on some form of hallucinogen.


Don't get me wrong though, I've done things beside indulge in my passion for trash--I've indulged my passion for smut. The first official meeting of the MM-splinter group, the Claremont Book Club, was an amazing success. Though we read about sustainability, not sexuality, we still came away with a great educational experience. The book club certainly deserves its own post, but Kevin beat me to it and, since his update was both detailed and witty, it deserves a read. However, now that we've learned all about cucumbers, canning, and turkey-sex, our the club is moving on to bigger and...different things: smut.

Since Melissa did such an outstanding job with her themed-hosting for sustainability, Christine and I have been kicking around ideas for Insatiable, as the clubbers will be headed to our apartment for our next meeting. What sort of refreshments go well with "museum-dicks"? I'm thinking chocolate body-paint and edible underwear, but I'm open to suggestions. Also, as a nod to our previous theme of sustainability, I'm thinking we should ditch the wasteful paper plates and just eat our snacks off each other. Sounds good, right?

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Wow, look at you get blogging now.

I'm still super excited for the club. I finished the book and left it on my front porch, so if you talk to anyone who needs a copy, they can borrow it from there.

Oh, and super congratulations on dropping the habit, T-Bag.